Wednesday 13 August 2014

NEW THINGS

FIRSTLY, it is August 13th. A very eventful date. By that I mean, Spector's debut came out two years ago today. An album I hold very close to me (hahahaha laaaame) as one of my absolute favourites and it's very strange to think how different things would be if it had never been released - I met some of my now best friends through a mutual love of Spector. It's also International Left Handers Day today! Essentially a second birthday. Feel free to send gifts.

TODAY a package dropped through the door while I was watching Say Yes To The Dress (as I do every day) and it was the two (beautifully wrapped) necklaces I ordered from You Earth Ash. Did I mention they were beautifully wrapped? They were beautifully wrapped. I love all of the typewritten elements and especially the confetti. You can't hate confetti, man.



I've been interested in crystals and minerals for literally as long as I can remember, and I've been building up a collection since before I was out of primary school. I have been scouring the web for necklaces like these for ages, and these were far too affordable to turn down. I'm talking a fiver. A fiver! A fiver. A FIVER! Everything on this site is so nice and affordable, I had to refrain from purchasing everything. 



After much deliberation I chose Amethyst and Blue Quartz. Arguably two of the most atheistically pleasing stones (although to be honest, most are very nice to look at) Both of these have some great qualities too. Amethyst is renowned for being calming, providing balance and peace. Quartz on the other hand is perhaps the most recognised crystal, a power stone. It enhances energy, and dispels negativity. Useful. What is also useful, is that these are also two of my favourite colours and match a lot of outfits. Hooray!



(Note to self: purchase macro lens)




No comments:

Post a Comment